There are many books available for the study of exams.
For sure, the latest PMBOK guide will be the first book to refer for the preparation.
To start with, many people use “Head First PMP” and I myself found this book very interesting. This is a pictorial book and gives you the basics of Project Management cycle fundamentals.
But this is not the only book which will help you to pass the exam.
I would recommend studying “PMP Exam Prep” by Rita Mulcahy.
- Rita Mulcahy’s fast track , Super PMP test
- Rita Mulcahy’s Fast track , ‘9 Knowledge Area’s test +5 Process groups’ Test
- PMStudy 200Q mock test (http://www.pmstudy.com/PMP-Exam-Resources/freeSimulatedTest.asp)
- PMPForSure 100Q test (http://www.pmpforsure.com/)
Best Tips to study for the PMP exam
- Make sure to read PMBOK Guide and Rita Mulcahy atleast twice
- Solve all the question from individual chapter tests in Rita Mulcahy Book and Head first PMP book and attempt all the individual chapter
- Follow couple of blogs
- Join one or two PMP forums